Take a stroll in beautiful Alingsås this autumn
This year’s trail, which is roughly 3 kilometres long, takes visitors from Åmanska park to Södra Ringgatan and through the pedestrian tunnel to Sörhaga, before crossing the Säve river and Nolhaga park. Nolhaga hill and the Plantaget footbridge are among the spots that will be lit up this year.
Sparbanken Alingsås is sponsoring Children’s Lights; designer and drama teacher Malin Wallin is returning to create this child-friendly installation in Plantaget this year.
Just like during previous editions, guided tours will start in Åmanska park. Those who would like to explore the installations independently can purchase a digital guided tour in the Lights in Alingsås app. There will be several additional installations and surprises for visitors to discover along the way.
Locations along the trail:
1. The pedestrian tunnel – Kay Flounders, Scotland
2. The labyrinth – Meike Goessling, Germany/Hong Kong
3. The peninsula – Berry van Egten & Ellen Goulmy, the Netherlands
4. Nolhaga hill – Frank Seemann & Michela Bonzi, Switzerland
5. Plantaget bridge – Martina Alagna, England
6. Lugnet – Jonathan Plumpton, USA
Highlight – Children’s Lights – Malin Wallin
Lights in Alingsås will take place from 30 September to 6 November.